Sunday 3 February 2008

A lovely day..........

I went and sewed with the club girls (you must check out there site) today also included in this group are Dragonfly, Happy in Quilting and Day Days Blog....(OMG check out all the bags she has been making)......

........the girls made me and fairy girl so welcome - thankyou so much we had a great time sewing with you..........

fairy girl started a stitchery and she is sewing so much better now with her backstitch - the stitches join up.........lol.......

so what did I do..........a little more applique (sorry no pic) and this little stitchery..........(by Hatched and Patched)

here is the machine I am now dreaming of...................

now everything was going so well until we were driving home and things just got worse and worse...........we ran into a storm and it took me about 25 minutes to go 10kms..........also on dirt road...........yuk............

So can you see anything out the windows???????

NO good cause I couldn't see much either............Fairy Girl took these pics while crawling along - it just poured down.............we measured the rain just a short time ago and we have had 2 inchs /50mls and it is still raining..........

take care til next time.............thanks for a great day...........

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day.
Look at those white knuckles on the steering wheel.
So pleased you finally got home safely. xx

Annie said...

Send some rain to me ... I have some plants dying for a drink in my garden. Mr Flowergarden is finally starting to talk tank!

Locket Pocket said...

Lovely sewing but horrible driving conditions - glad to hear you got back safely! Lucy x

Sweet P said...

That is a nasty looking storm. At least the rest of the day was a lot of fun stitching with your friends.

Carole said...

Oh.... your stitchery is sweet! In many ways it's great that you're finally getting some rain. I just wish it wasn't so intense! Glad you enjoyed your day!

Ruth's Place said...

Glad you got home safe! That machine looks wonderful. I have a janome (not that fancy though) and just love it.

Unknown said...

I don´t envy you to be caught in that storm.

Tracey in CT said...

Your stitchery block is adorable!

Paula said...

Sounds like a wonderful time except for that nasty rain storm. Glad you made it home safe and sound!

Jodie said...

Love the little stitchery.... OMG that's the machine that Dh bought me last year for our 2nd wedding anniversary (cotton, get it), the Janome 6600 memory craft!!! I love it!!! We had some rain on the weekend too, just under 50mls... Great for the garden!

Jodie

CONNIE W said...

Cute stitcheries! Ooh, the rain looks so dreadful.

The Naturalist's Daughter said...

Love the stitchery, its so cute. Glad you made it home through that storm in one piece. That must of been scary.

Day-Day said...

It was great to see you and to meet fairy girl.Glad you got home safely.

Jenny said...

Driving in the rain is just so horrible-glad you got home safe after your wonderful day

dutchcomfort said...

You will love the Janome MC 6600. I was able to buy this amazing machine some weeks ago. I did not have much time to try lots of things, but everything I’ve made up to now is going so easy. I love the thread-cutter and the knee-lift! Sweet dreams my friend, you better dream about a sewing-machine than about frogs!

Austysmum said...

That machine looks familiar... I think the jolly man in red dropped one off for me under the tree last year! I am still discovering more wonderful things about it each time I use it, and love it! Cute little stitchery!

Leanne said...

Mmm sitting stitching sounds like heaven.
It's not fair you are getting all our rain it keeps coming up looking like rain then not raining please send me some of yours.