Tuesday 31 December 2013

Secret Santa Christmas Swap 2013 - sent and received..............

I made for Annik in Norway in the Secret Santa Christmas Swap..............
This is what I sent to her..............A Natalie Bird Red Home bag and a table runner.............the table runner pattern is available here for a donation to Cystic Fibrosis
a full pic of the table runner...............
and my ornament..................I wanted to put a wooden star button in the centre but it was missing when I went to get it and shops are not close so it missed the star button..................
Now for who sent to me..................I was totally spoilt.........
Karol Ann @ Sew Kalico in the UK sent to me...........
well all these goodies were wrapped in parcels in the stocking.............
needle book, little zipper purse, tissues, key fob..........
Karol Ann made hats for herself and her Mum when they went to the tennis in summer............the hats are reversible
Fairy Girl modeled mine for me..........
She even included a parcel for Fairy Girl..........needle book and tissues in this little pouch.........
not the best pic but this is on a coat hanger........so I will hang it in my cupboard for stocking or the like to keep them together...........
And this wonderful bag.........it made it a bit heavier fabric.............a great size..........
and she even stitched my name on it................how special.................
just a reminder of the ornaments she sent to me.........
thanks so much Karol Ann for the goodies you sent to me.............love it all............
thanks to everyone for being part of the swap I am hoping to have the pics up in the next day or so of all the gifts exchanged........
I am really behind in checking out all your posts too but it's been a little hectic and stressful here so have not had time to get around yet........BUT I will get there....promise.......
Catch you later
Chookyblue

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow what beautiful gifts sent and received chooky,especially love the hat and the bag with your name on it and loved the table runner you sent to Annik.xx

Grethe said...


Love seeing what you sent and received! The SSCS is the best! You really deserve to be spoilt by gorgeous gifts; love your stitched name there, great:))

Diane-crewe said...

you DID do well .. as did we all by being part of this swap xx
Have a wonderful New Year and maybe even find time to sit .. and think and relax .. before some sewing xxx

AnitaS said...

What a beautiful gifts you sent and received. It was a great swap again.

Jindi's Cottage said...

Beautiful bag and table runner you made for Annik...what a great idea, a hat!, and then there was more!! what a lovely swap parcel, enjoy all your goodies, well deserved...

Susan said...

Great gifts....good to see you were spoilt. Love the hat.

Nemo said...

Great gifts - given and recieved!

Wishing you a Happy New Year (filled with crafty time and great projects)!

Susan said...

Happy New Year Chookyblue - see you in March!

Susan In Texas said...

You do the best swaps! What a terrific trove of goodies.

Happy New Year,
Susan in Texas

KERYN B said...

That is a beautiful hat should come in very handy.

Wendy said...

Wonderful gifts both sent and received Chooky! Wishing you an awesome creative new year!

Anita said...

Fantastic gifts! That hat is really nice....and having a personalised bag is very special!

Daisy Jayne said...

Fab... thanks for sharing

Susie said...

beautiful gifts all round. Happy New Year.

Janice said...

Lovely gifts flying both ways in your house. Karol Ann sent me gifts a couple of years ago and I too was spoilt. I'm sure your hat will get lots of use in the warm (read stinking hot) weather.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

It's lovely to send and receive!

Anne Heidi said...

Happy New Year! So glad to see you got such lovely gifts :-) Thank you for hosting this most wonderful swap of all!

jude's page said...

Lovely gifts and really love the bag with your name! Wishing you all the best for 2014, hope it's a better year on the farm for you as well.

Cheryll said...

I think everyone knows how hard it is to blog read at this time of year. So much happening! I try but sometimes fail miserably... lol
Happy New Year and thanks for a wonderful swap! :)

FloS said...

What a beautiful swap !!!
Florence

Nicky said...

I've finally caught up on your pre-Christmas posts, what a bugger to be sick the day before Christmas, I do hope it all came together for you on the day! Your swap gifts are gorgeous, I love that runner, thanks for the link... and your partner spoiled you too, well deserved!