Wednesday 9 April 2014

Swaps, shopping, and prezzies............

The gorgeous Chez aka Dory gave all the girls on her table a little present..............

(right pic borrowed from Kerri)
On Friday night the bloggers had a swap..............I did 2 swaps.........I knew JoJo - Dzintras daughter wanted to join in so I did a swap between us.........it was fun getting a parcel together for her.........
This is what I got from JoJo............
The swap was the same as what we have done at the Bathurst Blog meets
Make it (handmade goodness)
Fake it (too busy so you buy a present)
Bake it (cooking etc)
I received from Shez..............she faked it but also made something..........bit of a mix......
a slice tray, cookie cutter and one of her wonderful hand towels
I had actually paid Kerry too much money for GDITC soI had some spending money and I got this jelly roll book I have been eyeing off for quite some time.............and a bit of Anni Downs fabric.............
guess who scored the left over lemon slice from Shez...............lucky me.........
some fabrics from a couple of besties..............thanks girls.........
This is a lovely parcel my friend Carole in the USA sent to me a little while ago...........but it's where all the troubles started with Kerri regarding the magazine......lol.......but thankfully a lady called Chris had a copy for her........thanks so much Chris...............
Catch you later
Chookyblue

14 comments:

Susan said...

I hear that lemon slice is lovely...and those gorgeous fabrics - I do love the soft mauvey colours in that range....better get to my bag so I cnsa enjoy them!

KERYN B said...

What a haul of goodies you will be very busy lol. Can't wait to see what you make.

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Cool gifts there Chooky...I haven't seen that Antique Jelly Roll book before!

Googy Girl said...

Wow lots of nice swap pressies given and received. I love that book I bought it from Kerry last year.

Fiona said...

lots of lovely show and tell...
Hugz

Anonymous said...

I love reliving my time there chooky and your swap was so much fun,,Dory was very generous with her beautiful pin cushions,gee that reminds me I had better follow up that lemon slice recipe for you,love what Jo Jo gave you,oh what fun times we had.Xx

Michelle said...

Lucky girl glad you all had a great time!

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

How good is that Dory.....lovely purchases.....yummo slice

Pinnylea Creations said...

What fantastic swap gifts; the slice does look delicious. Can't wait to see what you make with all that fabric xxx

Jenny said...

Just seeing if this gets through . Hi from USA . We are having a great time and head to LA tomorrow.

Jenny said...

Just seeing if this gets through . Hi from USA . We are having a great time and head to LA tomorrow.

Jenny said...

Just seeing if this gets through . Hi from USA . We are having a great time and head to LA tomorrow.

DAWNIE said...

some lovely purchases , and also swap gifts, and wow that pin cushion of Dorys was just fabulous

Nicky said...

I'm very belatedly catching up on all your GDITC posts, what a fun time had by all. Your swap gifties are lovely, and the new quilts of Lynette's that Kate made are gorgeous. Now I see you're counting down already for next year!